- This event has passed.
The Great Big Recycling Event
Sun, Oct 30 @ 10:00 am–12:00 pm
In an effort to improve our synagogue's ecological footprint and encourage a "green" state-of-mind among our community, AA's Greening Group collects hard-to-recycle materials and delivers them to CHaRM (Center for Hard to Recycle Materials) for proper recycling and disposal. These items CAN be responsibly recycled, re-purposed, and reused. Recycling can help prevent air and ground water pollution and keep the islands of the Pacific Ocean free of plastic. So, think before you toss, and bring your tricky recyclables (NOT trash/landfill) to AA where the Greening Group will take the items to CHaRM (Center for Hard to Recycle Materials) for proper recycling and disposal.
Only the following items will be accepted:
- Molded Styrofoam packaging (must be bagged)
- Sheet plastic (e.g., bubble wrap, clean and dry shopping and food storage bags, plastic packaging)
- Electronics (TV's and monitors $20 each)
- Wax-coated cartons (e.g. half-gallon orange juice and milk cartons)
- Food-grade glass (clean unbroken bottles, no lids)
- Metals (e.g., cans, keys, screws, etc.)
- Batteries (please tape terminals)
The drop-off location will be located toward the back of the upper parking lot. Please deposit smaller items in the bins. Stack larger items nearby.
Payment/donations can be left in the collection envelope in the AA lobby.
Questions? Contact the Greening Group Chair: Myrtle Lewin (firstname.lastname@example.org).