- This event has passed.
Virtual Hunger Walk Run Celebration
Sun, Mar 7 @ 2:00 pm
The Hunger Walk Run, an annual 5K walk and “fun run,” is an Atlanta Community Food Bank event that unites our community to raise awareness and critical funds for local hunger relief. Proceeds from the event benefit the Atlanta Community Food Bank and other local nonprofit organizations that support food pantries, community kitchens, shelters and other programs for people in need of food assistance. As a benefiting partner, the Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta receives 60% percent of the funds we raise to support their direct hunger relief programs.
How does it work this year? To keep this a Covid-safe event, the Atlanta Community Food Bank is working to create 5K routes in many counties around Georgia’s parks and walking paths. Participants are encouraged to complete their 5K anytime before the virtual celebration on Sunday, March 7! As the leading fundraiser of all faith-based organizations for the past 10+ years, AA Synagogue is once again hoping to lead the way as champions of this important cause as we fulfill the Mitzvah of “feeding the hungry”.
Please join the AA team, Sally’s Friends, by clicking the “register” link below, and then submit an additional gift if possible. For any questions or assistance, please contact Sally Kaplan, Team Captain at 770.952.8752.
Step-By-Step Registration Instructions:
- Click on “Join Team”
- Registration for a “Virtual Walker” is already chosen by default and is included in your total donation as a $25 donation. If you would prefer a runner’s shirt (air-wicking fabric), please select “Virtual Runner.”
- Scroll down to “Would you like to kickstart your fundraising with a personal gift now?”
- Click the circle next to “Additional Gift” and enter the balance of your total donation. (Ex. To make a total donation of $100, enter $75 next to “Additional Gift.” To make a total donation of $200, enter $175 next to “Additional Gift.”)
- Continue the registration process for the next few pages.
- At the end of the process, you can register additional members of your family ($25 donation per person). Please add as many names as possible to help build our roster. The registration format requires entry of your email address. If you prefer not to receive emails from the Food Bank throughout the year, please let Sally Kaplan know, and she can easily have your name removed from their generalized mailing list.