Director of Marketing
(part-time: 20 hours a week)
Ahavath Achim Synagogue (AA) is a 700 plus family-unit congregation located in Buckhead – a community of Atlanta, GA. The team member joining AA at this time will be coming on board at a time of transition, vision and transformation. The Director of Marketing is a member of the senior staff and will significantly contribute to the new direction of the congregation.
Reporting Relationship: The Director of Marketing reports to and will be evaluated by the Associate Executive Director, and will work closely with the synagogue staff.
Supervisory Responsibilities: The Marketing Coordinator and Graphic Designer reports to the Director of Marketing.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Responsible for planning and for overseeing the development and implementation of Ahavath Achim and its supporting organization’s marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal. Work in partnership with lay leadership, ie, Board of Directors and the Communications and Marketing Committee, to achieve established goals and desired outcomes.
- Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program that will enhance Ahavath Achim’s image and position within the Jewish community marketplace and the general public. Report these assessments and progress to the Associate Executive Director.
- Ensure articulation of Ahavath Achim’s desired image and messaging, assure consistent communication of image and message to all constituencies, both internal and external.
- Responsible for the editorial direction and oversees the design, production and distribution of Ahavath Achim’s publications.
- Ensure regular contact with target media (Jewish and secular) and provide appropriate response to all media requests.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of a social media strategy that includes staff and lay leadership training on social media platforms and tools. Implement and monitor all social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Pinterest.
- Confirm photography and video presence at all appropriate synagogue events.
- Consult with the senior staff team to assess the synagogue’s participation and role in community events.
- Oversee and implement the advertising and promotions budget.
- In partnership with the Executive Director and synagogue legal counsel, develop a standard for congregant media releases and social media policies.
- Work in partnership with all of the synagogues divisions and affiliate arms to assist in the marketing, communications and positioning of their activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors degree and at least 5-7 years working experience
- Proven track record of accomplishments
- Demonstrate attention to detail and a commitment to excellence
- Independent and resourceful worker who takes ownership and has the ability to multi-task and collaborate with colleagues
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills; possess the ability to work in partnership with lay leadership and to exercise tact in organizational settings
- Exercise sound judgment and take efficient use and care of institutional resources
- Display integrity by working with passion, commitment, and honesty
- Demonstrate working knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Experience managing personnel
- Demonstrate high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, etc.) and Abode programs (InDesign, Photoshop, etc.)
- Experience and knowledge of the Atlanta Jewish Community is a plus
AA Synagogue offers a very competitive compensation package depending on experience and qualifications. AA Synagogue is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Lindsay Borenstein, Associate Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities.