The AAACTS Committee (Awareness and Action to Abolish Child Trafficking for Sex) was recently awarded the prestigious 2017 Interfaith Children’s Movement Child Advocacy Award in “recognition of outstanding commitment to eradicating child sex trafficking in Georgia.” AAACTS strives to:
- Create awareness within AA’s community, the Atlanta Jewish community, and beyond, about the issue of Domestic Minor Sex Trafficking (DMST)
- Participate in and host relevant education opportunities
- Build a partnership of synagogues and other Jewish organizations that work together to end DMST
- Engage with interfaith and secular coalitions, human rights groups, government, law enforcement, and advocacy groups that share our enthusiasm and goals
- Provide opportunities for volunteering with community agencies and programs
- Advocate and lobby for policies and legislation that will help victims and work to abolish DMST
Like our page on Facebook!